Re: Transition to OCaml 3.11.1...

Hello Stéphane,

On Fri, Jun 12, 2009 at 15:28, Stéphane Glondu<steph@glondu.net> wrote:
> I suggest to ask the release team and proceed with uploading of ocaml to
> unstable right away (after their approval), then wait one week or so to
> figure out what needs sourceful upload and upload whatever is relevant,
> and then proceed with the binNMU.

Regarding Ubuntu, the Debian Import Freeze is set to the 25th of June.
After that date, packages can be synchronized upon request until the
13th of August.
  https://wiki.ubuntu.com/KarmicReleaseSchedule

Currently, nearly all (i.e. except 3 packages) are on 3.11.0.

According to your planning, it would mean that OCaml 3.11.1 would be
uploaded now (12th of June) and all other packages rebuilt after the
23th of June. It could break the current OCaml status on Ubuntu. I
don't know if massive rebuild of packages (binNMU???) is possible on
Ubuntu.

Why do you think of this?

Of course, I would very much have OCaml 3.11.1 on Karmic but that
might be difficult to do in such a short time frame.

Yours,
d.