Re: [Fwd: [Pkg-ocaml-maint-commits] [SCM] libfuse-ocaml packaging branch, debian, updated. debian/0.2-1-1-g0b81018]

On 30-05-2009, Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@web.de> wrote:
> Mehdi Dogguy <mehdi.dogguy@pps.jussieu.fr> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is this really necessary?
>>
>> debian/changelog should only talk about packaging changes and not upstream
>> ones (ok maybe one sentence if there is an important change).
>>
>> Changes related to upstream should be present in upstream's changelog
>> installed in /usr/share/doc/
>>
>> Am I mistaken?
>>
>> Cheers,
>
> If it weren't for the Pkg-ocaml-maint policy that all packages are to
> be debian packages this would be a native package. It is bad enough
> the source is split between 2 git repositories. I'm not going to split
> changelogs as well. Otherwise the debian changelog would only say "new
> upstream version" on verry nearly every release.
>
> MfG
>         Goswin

Which is fine ! Most other packages only add "New upstream version" ;-)

You could however format it, this way:
 * New upstream version:
   * upstream-change
   * another-upstream-change
   * ...

I think this way is acceptable for Debian changelog format, if you keep
upstream-change only to really important one (e.g. one that close a
bug).

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall