Re: Status of facile (Binary: libfacile-ocaml-dev)

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 08:46:47AM +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 06:54:56AM +0100, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> > I was going to ask for a binNMU for facile to get it updated for OCaml 3.11,
> > but then looked at the current situation of the package and I thought it would
> > be a good idea to attract some attention on it.
> > The package has been updated via NMUs in the last 2 years, even if it is "team
> > maintained" [1]. The person listed on Uploaders and I guess who is supposed to be
> > primary maintainer, Steffen, has not touched the package in almost 3 years.
> > So it would be nice if the package can get some love, from hopefully a new
> > maintainer and just get a normal upload with I guess some extra polishing...
> > If not, the binNMU can be always asked. [2]
>
> Hey Ana, the reason while it has not been updated yet to 3.11 is not
> that it fell off our radar, rather it is that transitions like the
> current ones take some time, have a look at our status monitor:
> http://glondu.net/debian/ocaml_transition_monitor.html
>
> Actually, just today Stephane has prepared the first proposal of
> binNMU round, which will fix the dependencies of facile, as well as of
> many other packages waiting for that:
> http://lists.debian.org/debian-ocaml-maint/2009/03/msg00138.html .
>
> So, just wait a couple of other days and the package will be
> installable again.

Sure. I knew a coordinated effort was going on with the OCaml transition
and sooner or later facile would be taken cared of by the team. That is why
I firstly asked in IRC for the status. Then, I send the email for reaching all
the involved parties wrt the lack of a primary maintainer for facile. This
will be solved soon. Thank you! :)

Ana