Re: Status of facile (Binary: libfacile-ocaml-dev)

On Mon, Mar 09, 2009 at 06:54:56AM +0100, Ana Guerrero wrote:
> I was going to ask for a binNMU for facile to get it updated for OCaml 3.11,
> but then looked at the current situation of the package and I thought it would
> be a good idea to attract some attention on it.
> The package has been updated via NMUs in the last 2 years, even if it is "team
> maintained" [1]. The person listed on Uploaders and I guess who is supposed to be
> primary maintainer, Steffen, has not touched the package in almost 3 years.
> So it would be nice if the package can get some love, from hopefully a new
> maintainer and just get a normal upload with I guess some extra polishing...
> If not, the binNMU can be always asked. [2]

Hey Ana, the reason while it has not been updated yet to 3.11 is not
that it fell off our radar, rather it is that transitions like the
current ones take some time, have a look at our status monitor:
http://glondu.net/debian/ocaml_transition_monitor.html

Actually, just today Stephane has prepared the first proposal of
binNMU round, which will fix the dependencies of facile, as well as of
many other packages waiting for that:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-ocaml-maint/2009/03/msg00138.html .

So, just wait a couple of other days and the package will be
installable again.

Thanks for the heads up.