Re: how to recover from pristine-tar screwup?

On Mon, Mar 02, 2009 at 08:25:31AM +0100, Stéphane Glondu wrote:
> Eric Cooper a écrit :
> > I forgot that I had set "pristine-tar = False" in my git-buildpackage
> > config when I built and uploaded a new version of ocaml-sha.
>
> Why so?

I wanted to "temporarily" turn it off (in ~/.gbp.conf) and of course
forgot to turn it back on.

> Anyway, I've put a debian/gbp.conf in ocaml-sha and syslog-ocaml.

Thanks, I didn't know about this per-project file (but now I see it in
the man page).

> > I had already done a "pristine-tar commit" of the new orig.tar.gz and
> > pushed it to alioth, but that doesn't match what was uploaded (because
> > git-buildpackage rebuilt it from the upstream git branch).
>
> Don't you use git-import-orig?

No, I just did it "by hand" (untarring the tarball while on the
upstream branch).

> I think it's too late. To avoid confusion, you could "pristine-tar
> commit" the .orig tarball that you uploaded, or upload a new version
> with "+1" added to the upstream version.

Thanks, will try the former (if pristine-tar allows me to re-commit a
different tarball with the same name).

> And sorry, I've mistakenly deleted (oups...) your tag debian/1.5-1 in
> ocaml-sha (I thought it was in the same situation as syslog-ocaml... but
> it's not). BTW, is it intentional that Maintainer is not set to d-o-m?
> Could you recreate it? (or just push the one that should still be on
> your local repository).

Will do, and will update Maintainer.  Thanks.