Re: future: automatic and sound OCaml dependencies

On Tue, Feb 24, 2009 at 11:33:03PM +0100, Mehdi Dogguy wrote:
> Zack's idea wasn't to copy exactly what Fedora does. Here, we
> (dh_ocaml) try to find the package which contains a given module
> having a given md5.

To clarify: that was the first proposal (paragraph "OCaml assumptions
as virtual packages" in the paper, Section 3) we came too, ad
DebConf7. Proposal that was rejected by release managers, also
convincing me that it was not a good one.

The (supposedly) good one is to build upon that (paragraph
"Approximated ABI", Section 3).