Re: roadmap to OCaml >> 3.11 in Lenny+1

On Mon, Feb 09, 2009 at 07:37:23PM +0000, Sylvain Le Gall wrote:
> On 09-02-2009, Stéphane Glondu <steph@glondu.net> wrote:
> > Sylvain Le Gall a écrit :
> >> - Reintegrate missing native arch: at least ARM, maybe IA64 and alpha.
> >>   Some bugs for this arches has been fixed upstream
> > Concerning arm: it will be deprecated (IIUC) in favour of armel in
> > Lenny+n (with n >= 1) (which currently hasn't got a native compiler, see
> > upstream bug #3746).
<snip>
> Anyway, if we can produce a working ocamlopt for arm, we should do it
> even if it will be deprecated in Lenny+n (remember n can be a big
> number).

Actually, it seems that n=1, according to [1]. Hence, even though I
haven't checked with the release team, my guess is that 'arm' should
not be mentioned any longer in architecture lists. This is way I
haven't added this point to the 3.11 checklist [2].

I have the same perplexities of others about adding back IA64 and
alpha, maybe we can postpone this?

Cheers.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2009/02/msg00003.html
[2] http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/OCamlTaskForce/OCaml311Migration