transition to OCaml 3.11

[ please keep the Cc to d-o-m, for the sake of other OCaml maintainers ]

Hi release-rs,
   many thanks and congratulations for the Lenny release!

As a lot of teams I guess :), we---Debian OCaml Maintainers---are
eager to push our (r)evolutions to unstable, starting in the few
days. The first of such evolution is the long overdue transition of
OCaml 3.11, which are users are waiting for for a while now.

We plan to go ahead and uploading ocaml 3.11 itself (the package)
during next week, then slowly uploading all the other packages. This
time, given the unstable freeze, quite a lot of packages will need
sourceful uploads, and we plan to take care of the appropriate delay
to avoid unnecessary build failures. Then, as usual, we will request
the usual round of binNMUs and dep-wait as with the old ocaml
transitions.

Please let us know if you have any problem with such plan.

JFYI, we also plan to implement proper dependencies which enforce the
lack of ABI incompatibility, as discussed back in
DebConf7. Nevertheless, we want to separate concerns and we will not
entangle this with the current 3.11 transition (also because not all
needed tools are ready yet).