Re: Dropping arm/ia64 opt compilers [was: felix regression on arm?]

On Sun, Feb 01, 2009 at 04:57:20PM +0100, Sven Luther wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 08:44:31PM +0000, Sylvain Le Gall wrote:
> > On 02-10-2007, Mike Furr <mfurr@debian.org> wrote:
> > > So, I think we should probably consider dropping the native compilers on
> > > those architectures until they are supported better (either by upstream
> > > or some adventurous DD with knowledge of those archs).

Xavier mentioned something about ARM at the users meeting, IIRC
he wanted to resurrect this as a cross-compiler port.

As for Itanic, well ..  We (Red Hat) would like to continue the IA64
native port because a small number of our customers demand it.  It's a
deeply unpopular platform amongst our developers though, because the
machines are such rare, expensive, slow, heat-generating monsters.

Rich.

--
Richard Jones
Red Hat