Re: patches/00list

Hello,

On Sun, Feb 01, 2009 at 08:48:52PM +0100, Florent Monnier wrote:

> > > As I explained I'm a Mandriva user, and there is no such path on Mandriva
> > > and no package for dpatch.
> >
> > I understand that, but given that you are fiddling with Debian
> > packages it is reasonable to expect that you look for documentation on
> > a Debian machine.
>
> I can not really access to a debian machine.
> And on the other hand, one could expect that the documentation available on a
> debian machine could be available on the debian.org web site.
>
> If you don't want to help me in cross-packaging issues, just don't answer to
> my questions.
> If you all on this list think that cross-packaging topics are not wellcome
> here, and are out of topic, please just tell me and then I will know that I
> should not start such threads anymore.

Could you please explain what kind of cross-packaging you are doing? I am quite
sceptical about this since some of the package meta-data, in particular package
dependencies, may be filled in at package building time, and you will need to
build your package in a debian environemnt to make that work. At the very least,
as debian developers, we are expected to test our packages before uploading them.
And that needs a debian environment too, of course.

-Ralf.