Re: omake failures (#510919) (and RFS)

Evgeni Golov a écrit :
> Did you also remove the binary from the .orig.tar.gz? We don't have the
> source for it...

No, I didn't. Even though the source is not technically available (in
the archive, today), there is an advertised way to rebuild it with only
free tools... IMHO, it is not the same issue as all the recent firmware
fuss. Besides, we do not use this binary any more. For Lenny, it didn't
seem worth to me to repackage the upstream tarball.

BTW, there are many things that shouldn't be in the .orig.tar.gz (such
as CVS directories, for a start)... For future releases, it might be
relevant to repackage the upstream tarball.

> And for really closing 510919: could either ocaml-nox or omake provide
> a ocamldep-omake symlink, pointing to ocamldep? Just to make sure we
> (or actually you :P) don't break any user-scripts.

This sounds like a dirty visible hack to me, I don't agree with this
proposal. Are there so many people hard-coding ocamldep-omake in their
scripts? Doesn't it sound reasonable to force people to update their
scripts now?

Stéphane