Re: pgocaml and calendar package.

Hi,

Guillaume Yziquel a écrit :
> -1- The current packaging of libocaml-calendar-dev delivers .cmo files,
> and not .cma files;
>
> -2- For this reason, pgocaml fails to compile properly on debian systems.

It's libcalendar-ocaml-dev. In one mail (from me) you quote, I point out
that the problem is not due to not delivering a .cma file, but because
of a slight change in calendar API. Delivering only a .cmo file instead
of a .cma (by use of a pack) is an upstream choice unrelated to Debian.

> I see two possible solutions:
>
> -1- Changing the packaging of libocaml-calendar-dev in order to provide
> .cma files;

What I said above should make this irrelevant.

> -2- Packaging pgocaml in debian.

I was planning to do this anyway, but it's not on top of my priority
list. If interest is shown, I may re-prioritize it.

> What should be the course of action to follow?

If you want to test/use pgocaml right now, you can make it work by
adapting pgocaml with the new API (pretty trivial, a few open at
beginning of .ml files should do it). Hints given in the mails you
quote. Maybe it is already done in upstream VCS.

Stéphane Glondu