Re: testing OCaml 3.11: help needed

Stefano Zacchiroli a écrit :
>>  - .cmxs from ocaml are installed with ocaml-nox: they should be
>>    elsewhere;
>
> You mean that they should be elsewhere wrt #500036, right?

Yes. They should probably be with *.so, i.e. in ocaml-base-nox, along
with the corresponding *.cma.

> If this is the case yes, you're right, but more generally everything
> will need to be moved around, of course post Lenny.

Indeed. We'll see this later.

>>  - the other binary packages mentioned above are compiled from their
>>    source package unstable; .cmxs generation is not addressed yet;
>
> This means that .cmxs generation are neither generated nor shipped,
> right?

Right. Except for ocaml itself which generates .cmxs in upstream build
system, and ships them in ocaml-nox (i.e. the binary packages where
everything goes by default).

> Yes, I propose as a way to do that to file bugs in Mantis and notify
> this mailing list for each of them, to avoid duplicating submissions.

Ok. Haven't some of them already been submitted upstream?

Stéphane