Re: Report on OCaml packages status on Ubuntu

Hello Stefano,

On Mon, Oct 13, 2008 at 11:34, Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:
> Just to understand, have you already tried to contact listmaster,
> maybe without success, or not yet?

I contacted listmaster, without any reply until now.

> This is an important thing to do, on one hand to check that those
> changes haven't introduced functional regressions (it happened in the
> past) and, as you observe, to check whether Debian might benefit from
> them.

Sure, I just need to find some time to do it. :-)

>>  * a few other packages are in various other state;
>
> Can you please expand on this?

Sure:
= New version in Intrepid Ibex compared to Lenny, unmodified Intrepid package =

 facile intrepid 3.10.2 1.1-6.2
 facile lenny 3.10.2 1.1-6.1+b2

And, in fact, 3 and not 2 packages have been modified in their Ubuntu version:

= New version in Lenny compared to Intrepid Ibex, modified Intrepid package =

 graphviz intrepid 3.10.2 2.18-1ubuntu2
 graphviz lenny 3.10.2 2.20.2-2

= Same version in Intrepid Ibex and Lenny, modified Intrepid package =

 ocaml-bjack intrepid 3.10.2 0.1.1-1ubuntu1
 ocaml-bjack lenny 3.10.2 0.1.1-1

 pycaml intrepid 3.10.2 0.82-8ubuntu1
 pycaml lenny 3.10.2 0.82-8

> Finally, a category you did not mention is OCaml-related packages
> available in Ubuntu, but not in Debian. Are there any instances of
> this category?

Yes, apparently one:

= Packages only available in Intrepid Ibex =

 ocaml-syck intrepid 3.10.2 0.1.1-2build2

Yours,
d.