Re: ocamlp3l_2.03-1_amd64.changes REJECTED

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 06:59:48PM +0000, Joerg Jaspert wrote:

> Hi Maintainer,
>
> rejected, seems we miss the source for the included papers/hlpp05/*.

Come on Joerg, are you really saying that you need the sources of the
scientific papers included in the tarball ? This is not plain
documentation but scientific papers, and as thus, it seem normal to not
provide the sources.

I remember you that we also don't have modification rights on the GPL
license, so i guess that if you really want to go fanatic on this one,
you are facing worst problems.

> Also, the license headers of a lot of the examples doesnt make me happy.
> "All rights reserved. This file is distributed only by permission.".
> That can't, in this way, ever go into main.

I had a look on the upstream package, and only the DomainDecomposition
example seems to be in this case. And the copyright of this is
2003-2007, so it is probably a license going back to 2003 and never
changed since then. Knowing the author, i suppose we could just ask him
to relicence or something. Still 'a lot of' seemsa bit different from a
single example :)