Re: ocaml 3.10.2 transition scheduled for next week

Romain Beauxis wrote:
>>   http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/OCamlTaskForce/Transition3-10-2
>
> I have a package with a pending bugfix that I would like to update during the
> transition, how does this cope with binNMU ?

Does it introduce a binary incompatibility? If it doesn't, maybe it
would be wiser to wait for the end of the transition before doing
anything. If it does... I would say it depends on the package: for
camlp5 and lablgtk2, for example, they fail to build with ocaml 3.10.2,
so all their reverse-deps will be stalled (which is good) until a proper
version is uploaded.

Things would be far more convenient if it were possible to specify
dep-waits while uploading (as in binNMU requests). In this case,
everyone could upload his package with dep-waits so that it is built
only after all its dependencies have been rebuilt (the automatically
generated binNMU request will likely have to be tweaked manually). But I
understood that dep-waits can be set only by release managers. Am I right?

Stéphane