Re: ocaml 3.10.2 transition scheduled for next week

Le Wednesday 14 May 2008 16:18:19 Sven Luther, vous avez écrit :
> > I have updated the wiki page about backports.org, perhaps we could
> > enforce this for experimental uploads too ?
>
> I only follow this by far, but had we not some setup which grabbed the
> ocaml-<version> meta package dependency automatically and generated the
> debian/control with it, depending on the installed ocaml package, or at
> least the one used to build ?

Yes, I use it for some of my packages.
But here, backported packages may be prepared on an unstable system, but
targeted for stable, though generating debian/control can be done in a
chroot.

Also, for this to work, it would have to be implemented for all packages. I
would like it, but we should agree on it :-)

Romain
--
You can fool some people sometimes,
But you can't fool all the people all the time.