Re: ocaml 3.10.2 transition scheduled for next week

On 12-05-2008, Romain Beauxis <toots@rastageeks.org> wrote:
> Le Tuesday 13 May 2008 00:48:38 Romain Beauxis, vous avez écrit :
>> My opinion on this is that build dependencies for packages using both
>> ocaml-nox and other incompatible packages should be versioned for all of
>> them
>
> Ok, it's a bit of madness for me so I please call for some help on this topic.
>
> For the details, ocaml-findlib is first resolved from etch, pulling
> ocaml-nox-3.09.2 which conflicts then.
>
> The only solution that I found is to version any build-dependency for the
> version on backports.org, though I found it quite stupid.

Unfortunately, i am not sure there is a good solution to this problem...
Even if you found quite stupid to add a versionned build-dependency, it
is still the best solution.

Maybe others have better idea than I... But i think versionned build
deps, is the best option...

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall