Re: ocaml 3.10.2 transition scheduled for next week

Le Tuesday 13 May 2008 00:48:38 Romain Beauxis, vous avez écrit :
> My opinion on this is that build dependencies for packages using both
> ocaml-nox and other incompatible packages should be versioned for all of
> them

Humm..
This seems even worse:
> <<< leaving recursion
> ocaml-findlib: missing
> Using default version 1.1.2pl1-1 (Priority: 500)
> Checking for source dependency conflicts...
>   /usr/bin/sudo /usr/bin/apt-get --purge $CHROOT_OPTIONS -q -y install
> debhelper pkg-config libasound2-dev libncurses5-dev
> ocaml-base-nox=3.10.1-1~bpo40+3   ocaml-interp=3.10.1-1~bpo40+3
> ocaml-nox=3.10.1-1~bpo40+3 ocaml-findlib Reading package lists...
> Building dependency tree...
> or been moved out of Incoming.

>   ocaml-findlib: Depends: ocaml-nox-3.09.2

Ok, it's a bit of madness for me so I please call for some help on this topic.

For the details, ocaml-findlib is first resolved from etch, pulling
ocaml-nox-3.09.2 which conflicts then.

The only solution that I found is to version any build-dependency for the
version on backports.org, though I found it quite stupid.

Romain
--
Took us away from civilization
Brought us to slave in this big plantation