Re: ocaml 3.10.2 transition scheduled for next week

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 06:25:38PM +0200, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> Let's go for Programming/OCaml. The cdbs class seems to have already the
> right value. I will have a look at the packaging policy to see what
> needs to be done there.

Thanks a lot.

> This means that all packaging that install ocaml programming tools or
> libs, and that have their doc-base section hardwired in the source
> package should be uploaded with new source.

Right, though I don't think only this change would justify doing a
sourceful upload of them rather than using binNMU. If it is just for
that I would prefer to transition them via binNMU and then later on do
sourceful uploads when the transition is over. This way they can
transition to testing one by one without being entangled in a big mass.

Howerver, identifying those packages and filing bugreports against them
sounds reasonable.

> Besides that we will have to upload sourcefully all Packages that
> are compiled to bytecode. I will take care of
>
> hevea, hlins, bibtex2html, ocamlweb, cmigrep, ocamlwc.

OK, thanks, just take care of the right timing.

zack@{upsilon.cc,cs.unibo.it,debian.org}  -<%>-  http://upsilon.cc/zack/