Re: Git migration...

On Mon, May 12, 2008 at 09:24:02AM +0000, Sylvain Le Gall wrote:
> Concerning the "waste of time", i disagree. Git is not the final SCM
> around. There will be other. Understanding git, darcs, tla, cvs, svni,

This was not the point of my "waste of time", no praise to git was
intended. It is rather learning another tool wrt the one you are going
to use.  It would have been, in my opinion, the very same waste of time
to suggest someone which does not know anything about $VCS, to learn CVS
before moving to Subversion. That sounds like a waste of time to me.
YMMV.

Cheers.

PS regarding "asking questions" I indeed liked the darcs default of
   doing that. Git is lacking it, though in the most important cases you
   have flags to trigger it. If you are not already aware of it, I
   recommend looking at "git add -p" which provides an interactive loop
   to add specific changes in a given file. That was the most useful
   "set of questions" I remember from darcs.

zack@{upsilon.cc,cs.unibo.it,debian.org}  -<%>-  http://upsilon.cc/zack/