Re: .cmx inclusion in modules

On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 01:36:54 +0100, Romain Beauxis wrote:

> Le Sunday 30 March 2008 21:06:13 Stefano Zacchiroli, vous avez écrit :
> > 1) (automatically) file bugs against currently bugged packages
> >
> > 2) finally start implementing a (set of) lintian test(s) specifically
> > for OCaml so that we can help OCaml maintainer in following the policy
>
> That's where I still have doubts.
> After Julien's remark, I wonder how an automatic test should behave..

You can't do a 100% accurate check from just the file list.  But even
just warning if a package contains a .cmxa and no .cmx would catch most
cases, I guess.  Or if you really want the added accuracy, run objinfo
on the .cmxa, that will give you the list of modules, each corresponding
to a .cmx file.

Cheers,
Julien