Re: summarizing && first git test repositories available

On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 06:12:06PM +0100, Romain Beauxis wrote:
> > According to the poll and to the other people of took part in the thread
> > but did not actually vote, I conclude that there is consensus among
> > d-o-m contributors in switching from svn to git.
> Minus once ! :-)

Well, a dozen of people minus one is quite a good consensus IMO :-P

> Do you plan to do the switch soon ?

Nope, I don't want to add any unnecessary hassle to the transition or to
the workflow of anyone. So don't worry, it won't happen during this
transition, nor during the next one (assuming we will get the OK from
the release managers to go ahead with the 3.10.2 just after this one,
which I seriously doubt ...).

Also, before transitioning I would like to play a bit more with
git-buildpackage and write some mini-tutorial for all of us, like those
we had when we started using Subversion.

zack@{upsilon.cc,cs.unibo.it,debian.org}  -<%>-  http://upsilon.cc/zack/