Re: please do not upload stuff until the transition is over

Le Tuesday 04 March 2008 11:33:06 Stefano Zacchiroli, vous avez écrit :
> On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 02:42:55AM -0000, toots@users.alioth.debian.org
wrote:
> > Log:
> > [svn-buildpackage] Tagging liquidsoap (0.3.6-3)
>
> Please everybody refrain from uploading OCaml-related stuff which does
> not fix RC bugs until the transition is over. Even the urgency won't do
> what you expect for several reasons:
>
> - you are bypassing the staging period which is required to test for
>   regressions
> - you are assuming that buildd can keep up: it is not the case, even
>   with urgency=high buildds will need more than 2 days to build on all
>   architecture
>
> So please, only upload stuff which fixes RC bugs.

Indeed, it's a RC bug (or equivalent) that I try to fix.
#464378 prevents liquidsoap from running after a fresh install. It's a dummy
bug and was fixed 25 days ago.

Unfortunatly, the issue was reported at the same moment as the transition
started.
I though it was good time to upload another package in order to hope to get it
into testing before we start a new transition to 3.10.2

Now it seems dependencies are not yet built on all arch, so the upload will
get stuck again....

My question now: what can we do to have a working package into testing, upload
to testing security updates ?

As a side note, although I understand the issue with transisions, this
situations is really painfull for this kind of situations, and the newcoming
transition to 3.10.2 makes even more frustrating...

Thanks for your comments..

Romain
--
Everyday is just a holiday,