Re: uploaded planets for the OCaml 3.10.1 transition

Hi Stefano,

Stefano Zacchiroli [2008-03-02 14:58 +0100]:
> Hi Martin,
>   I've just uploaded (urgency medium, delayed 2 days) "planets" to
> unstable for the transition to OCaml 3.10.1. Given that planets is an
> arch:all package, it isn't possible to make it transition by just
> binNMU, so someone had to do it by hand.
>
> The delayed upload is to let you review some changes in case you don't
> like something, see the debdiff attached to this mail.

Thanks for fixing this! It looks fine to me.

> Then a couple of generic questions about planets and its maintenance. In
> spite of being one of the Uploaders (I think you added me together with
> some other people from d-o-m to follow the convention, don't you?), I
> observe that planets is one of the very few packages OCaml-related which
> are not maintained in the repository of the pkg-ocaml-maint alioth
> project. Is that a strong requirement for you?

Not at all, I'd like to see it on alioth. I tried to import it a while
ago, but it failed. Last time, ISTR that Ralf added me to the project,
but maybe something went wrong back then.

> Given that at a times other people than you have to take care of the
> package it would be much easier if the package can be moved there. In
> case you don't mind doing so, I've added you to the pkg-ocaml-maint
> alioth project and you can check your package in the repo right away.

Right, I'll give this a go. I start with my last versinon, import your
patch, and then do further changes there.

> Other small issues are making your package a bit different than the
> other, like the choice of substvar naming, not using CDBS ... In case
> you would like to uniform your package with the others just let me know,
> I'm willing to help out.

I'd like to, /me ♥ cdbs, too. :) I just admittedly neglected planets
recently, since it's a low-maintenance thing anyway.

Thank you,

Martin