Re: [Fwd: [Caml-list] OCaml version 3.10.2 released]

On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 07:26:23AM -0500, Eric Cooper wrote:
> In cases like this where there doesn't appear to be an ABI change, can
> we somehow avoid the wholesale rebuild?

Note that I didn't say that there is no ABI change: I've asked if this
is the case on the caml mailing list (no answer), and I haven't tested
that by myself.  Personally I expect that there has been an ABI change
also this time, due to some magic number change or something like that.

Anyhow, in case there has been no ABI change it would be possible to
avoid the transition, but that would require keeping the ABI number at
3.10.1 for OCaml 3.10.2. It is indeed a possibility, let's wait for an
answer ... or for some of us which try it out :)

zack@{upsilon.cc,cs.unibo.it,debian.org}  -<%>-  http://upsilon.cc/zack/