Re: binNMUs for the OCaml transition

Stefano Zacchiroli a écrit :
The only doubt I've is: you put dep-wait on +b1, in doing so you're
assuming that +b1 is the result of the binNMU *we* are requesting,
right?  [...]

Right.

[...] So, in theory, this can screw up if some other binNMU has been
made for other reasons in the involved package.  I don't think this is
any serious problem, as the dep-wait will be added manually AFAIU, and
the release managers can check whether they need to bump +b1 to +b2 or
something such.

Indeed. However, the build number is determined based on the latest version available (among all architectures) in unstable (according to rmadison), so if the problem arises, it means that someone did the binNMU at the same time as we did, or the build was not already done when the request was generated. Anyway, the build would probably be done with ocaml 3.10.1 (I am assuming that packages are always built in unstable), so would probably yield the "same" binary package, am I right?

BTW, is there a way to get pending binNMUs?

Stéphane