Re: policy on OCaml vs O'Caml?

On 14-11-2007, Eric Cooper <ecc@cmu.edu> wrote:
> Romain's recent ITP and the "discussion" on caml-list about this topic
> lead me to ask whether ocaml_packaging_policy should take a stand and
> recommend one spelling over the other in package descriptions etc.  I
> have a slight preference for OCaml, but a greater preference for
> consistency.

The policy is full of only "OCaml". I think that there is a main
agreement on OCaml.

A short study give me (on google fight):
* OCaml 4500000 vs O'Caml 4
* OCaml 4500000 vs Objective Caml 1230000

(numbers of occurences, http://www.googlefight.com)

I really think that OCaml is the most commonly used abbreviation for
Objective Caml.

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall