Re: Packaging CoThreads library

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 01:37:40PM +1000, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> > svn-buildpackage  -- search the mailing list archives for the details
> This looks like what I'm after:
>     http://lists.debian.org/debian-ocaml-maint/2005/09/msg00009.html

Yep, even though I think the policy in an appendix contain an up to date
version of the aliases. Also, have a look at this [1] blog post which
contains tips for how to use cowbuilder for building packages, it's
something that I actually recommend to be sure the stuff you're going to
upload (or forward to a sponsor) is clean.

Finally, if you use a directory structure in which the directory for
upstream stuff is called "tarballs" rather than "upstream" you diminish
the degree of customization needed for svn-buildpackage. Have a look at
the structure of the camlp5 and ulex0.8 packages for examples.

Cheers.

[1] http://www.bononia.it/~zack/blog/posts/2007/09/svn-cowbuilder.html