Re: libevent-ocaml?

On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 01:03:59PM +0000, Sylvain Le Gall wrote:
> But since, i have no direct use of this library, i would prefer you to
> start packaging it. If you perform packaging it, i will guide you

Yeah, fully seconded.

Also please bear in mind that we aren't in general willing to maintain
in the long run stuff that has been only packages initially by someone
and then left to us. Here it works much better if you are willing to
learn how to maintain Debian packages and take over maintenance of those
you're interested in for some time, otherwise they will probably
orphaned soon.

This is not to sound rude, but to explain what would be the best
strategy for having the library you are interested in in good shape in
Debian. ... and of course we're to help and to sponsor your uploads! :)

Thanks for your interest,
Cheers.