Re: what should we do about confluence?

On Mon, Sep 03, 2007 at 09:53:40PM +0200, Ralf Treinen wrote:
> I guess that is what I am going to do, and put debian-ocaml-maint as
> maintainer. Any other opinions on that?

Personally, I would ask for its removal from the archive. I don't like
to have to take over the burden of a package just because it is written
in OCaml whereas noone of use cares about it.  I'm fine with Sylvain's
reasoning, but then we should even stop rebuilding it (just binNMU
maybe) as soon as it won't build anymore we drop it.

The right path for confluence's user would be to file a RFP to package
atom and find an interested Haskell maintainer. (Maybe we can contact
the Debian Haskell maintainers asking them pro-actively to package it?)

Of course if you are interested in rebuilding it just go ahead :)