Re: commit access right for all DDs to our repository

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 06:10:47PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 05:48:08PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > The commits are still send to the list, so we would just need to add a
> > tag in fron of the topic. maybe [NMU] or something.
>
> Ok for the tag, but notice that commits are sent to a separate list. I'm
> also proposing to send [NMU] commits to the discussion list, in the same
> spirit of the NMU notifications which get delivered to Maintainers of
> NMU-ed packages.
>
> > I don't know how ACL work, but maybe it is easily to distiguish
> > between team members and outsiders with it, no ?
>
> It's nothing special: users can write to a file as if the had write
> permissions. So we will see the user name of the commiter and we would
> just need to compare it with the *nix group matching our project.
>
> > Furthermore, i don't remember what the current concesnsus is, but would
> > this not be the time to split the mailing list between d-o and d-o-m ?
> > With the bug reports and svn commits going to d-o-m, and general
> > discussion like this one staying on d-o (and a possible future d-i-devel
> > splitoff if we ever need a pure user list).
>
> It's already as this. Discussion d-o-m, commits to
> pkg-ocaml-commits@l.a.d.o or similar. The fact the mailing list is
> called d-o-m is now not really standard wrt to other lists, but I don't
> see the point of changing it at this point in our history.

Ah, ok, they both go in the same mail box for me, so i didn't remember
which got where.

The idea of creating d-o for discussion, and commits + bug reports to
d-o-m would allow to keep the group maintenance emails to stay as is,
and still send it to the work list, and not the discussion list, but as
you said, the current situation seems fine.