Re: commit access right for all DDs to our repository

On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 05:39:41PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 26, 2007 at 05:13:08PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > Yes, go for it. This is indeed the way to go, but we must make sure that
> > non-member commit logs are marked in a way allowing us to double check
> > it, be it only because an outsider will be more able to make mistake or
> > so.
>
> Any idea about how to achieve this?  My best attempt (but I'm not
> volunteering to implement it :-)) would be a commit hook which checks
> the committer and, if it is not part of the project then it send the
> commit notification to the package maintainer *and* to this list in
> order to increase the number of eyes which can review the commit.

The commits are still send to the list, so we would just need to add a
tag in fron of the topic. maybe [NMU] or something.

I don't know how ACL work, but maybe it is easily to distiguish between
team members and outsiders with it, no ?

Furthermore, i don't remember what the current concesnsus is, but would
this not be the time to split the mailing list between d-o and d-o-m ?
With the bug reports and svn commits going to d-o-m, and general
discussion like this one staying on d-o (and a possible future d-i-devel
splitoff if we ever need a pure user list).