Re: camlp4s_4.03-1_i386.changes REJECTED

On Tue, Jul 17, 2007 at 07:09:11PM +0000, Joerg Jaspert wrote:
> Hi Maintainer,

Hi Joerg

> you want to check your files again and fix debian/copyright. And/Or talk
> to Upstream about the license of at least /ocaml_stuff/* - it is the
> broken QPL, not BSD.

Thanks for noticing, I overlooked that.

I've just re-uploaded the package (whose source package in the meantime
has been changed to "camlp5" according to upstream wishes).

What it is now stated in debian/copyright is something like:
- everything except (some of) the stuff under ocaml_stuff/ is released
  under BSD
- (some of) the stuff under ocaml_stuff/ is released under a modified
  QPL, whose modifications are:
  - choice of law (France) [ I guess this is instead of choice of venue,
    but I haven't checked the original unmodified license ]
  - an additional linking exception which enables more free linking
    against (modified or not) version of the distributed software

The above copyright information and license changes are already present
in the copyright of the "ocaml" source package which is currently in the
archive. The files you found under ocaml_stuff/ came for ocaml itself
(some versions ago) and are either verbatim copies of the ocaml files at
the time, or their modified versions.

I hope you consider this enough for the package to be suitable for
acceptance in our archive.

Many thanks for your reviews!