Re: Uploaders automatically set to the last nth workers on a pkg

On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 02:06:33PM +0200, Julien Cristau wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 09:37:04 +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>
> > Quoting from http://www.lucas-nussbaum.net/blog/?p=245:
> > > Another variant is pkg-kde and pkg-gnome???s automatic generation of the
> > > Uploaders field based on the last X entries of debian/changelog
> > > (pkg-kde variant, pkg-gnome variant).)
> >
> > This is an interesting idea, and they both already have cdbs snippets
> > for doing that, what do you think of this idea?
> >
> I think there should remain a distinction between people who work on a
> package and people who can upload it.  The Uploaders field is for the
> latter, so I think it's better if it is maintained manually.

I tend to agree with Julien. What would be the significance of the
Uploaders field if it is generated automatically from the Changelog
file? For instance, any DD doing an NMU for whateve reason, and who
is not member of the OCaml Task Force, would be automatically listed
as an uploader.

-Ralf.