Re: 1st incompatibility with 3.10 (ledit): let's package camlp4s?

On 06-07-2007, Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:
> Quoting (and rearranging) text from myself:
>
>   ledit (1.13-3) UNRELEASED; urgency=low
>
>     * BIG FAT WARNING: ledit does not build against the new camlp4, we will need
>       one of:
>       1) packaging camlp4s (http://cristal.inria.fr/~ddr/)
>       2) porting ledit to the new camlp4
>       3) dropping ledit from the archive
>
> Therefore I'm in favour of (1) (still, I haven't yet looked at binary
> name conflicts or similar issues...), what do you think?

The only choice which is not a good solution is "2)" since, it requires
work that is quite complicated to do if upstream doesn't agree.

Before talking about 1) and 3), i think we should estimate the amount of
conflict in the namespace...

IMHO, 1) is good as far as it doesn't imply to change anything in ocaml
itself. If packaging camlp4s requires to modify anything in ocaml
package, lets go for 3).

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall