Re: ocaml 3.10.0 packages news

Hi Stefano,

thanks for your work on ocaml 3.10.0!

On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 19:50:37 +0100, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> Open issues (i.e. request for comments from other debian camlers):
>
> - the ocaml-source package now contains ocaml sources *after* debian
>   specific patches have been applied. Is that what we want? (My answer
>   is yes, but one can argue that a vanilla source tarball is desirable)

I agree with you that shipping sources corresponding to the ocaml
binaries we build is better.

> - ocamlbuild is installed upstream as ocamlbuild.byte /
>   ocamlbuild.native / ocamlbuild (the latter being a *copy* of the best
>   executable among the former two). This breaks the convention of foo /
>   foo.opt of other legacy ocaml tools. I thus renamed ocamlbuild so that
>   the plain version is bytecode (and is in ocaml-nox) and so that
>   ocamlbuild.opt is the optimized version (and is in
>   ocaml-native-compilers). Do you like my choice?

Yes :)

> - assuming the experimental packages are fine (please test them no
>   matter the open issues above!) are we ready to upload to unstable? (Of
>   course pending an approval of the RMs)

re: coq/camlp4, I'd rather not upload another ocaml-3.09 package unless
we think it'll take more than say a month for coq to be ready.  Worst
case, coq will get removed from testing for a few weeks to let the ocaml
transition through, and I don't think it's a very big issue.

Cheers, and see you on Saturday,
Julien