Re: About CDuce and OCamlduce

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 11:32:38AM +0200, Alain Frisch wrote:
> I found some recent discussions in this mailing list (which I'm not
> subscribed to, so please Cc: me if you want to reply to this e-mail)
> about CDuce and OCamlduce. Some clarifying points:

Hi Alain, thanks for getting in touch with us for this.

> - cduce needs the ocaml sources, ocaml-compiler-libs is not enough; the
> reason is that cduce will -pack OCaml compiler modules, which requires
> some special compilation command-line (-for-pack) for native code.

Ok, fair enough, we will re-enable the generation of the ocaml-source
package then. While we are at it (and since I'm lazy to check it right
now :)), does CDuce need a fresh untarred tarball of the OCaml sources
or any other particular stage of the OCaml sources (e.g. after building
the compiler)?

> - ocamlduce is a stand-alone package, which requires only a working
> OCaml installation. It is distributed as a modified version of OCaml,
> *not* as a patch. ocamlduce hasn't been ported to 3.10, though.

Ok.

> - I've clarified the licensing issues about ocamlduce: the license is
> the same as for OCaml (QPL/LGPL + exceptions). Cf:
> http://sympa.cduce.org/wws/arc/ocamlduce/2007-04/msg00007.html

Ok, thanks, great!