Thoughts about some new approx features ...

Hello,

I just used approx to help me doing test installation with d-i.

During this, there are 3 features, which i think may be useful :

  - ability to have approx take packages from more than one archive to put
    them in the same repository.

    This would allow to easily override the standard debian d-i .udebs, and
    make development of d-i much easier. Especially, since d-i doesn't support
    more than one .udeb repository right now.

  - an option to automatically limit the approx archive to a given size, with
    an least-used or oldest removal algorithm.

    This would allow to not care about approx.gc, and would allow to let
    approx be running without having to think about it, and check that it will
    not eat the disk.

    Maybe something like the auto-clean feature of apt would be nice too ? It
    does keep only the latest version of all packages. Maybe something where
    we keep only packages accessible by the diverse Packages files from each
    repository ?

  - Is there some way to control the syslog output, or to move the log into a
    /var/log/approx rotated log thingy ? Using approx intesively sure does
    file up the syslog quickly :)