Re: ocaml 3.09.2 + cdbs target release for etch

Hello,
On 25-10-2006, Stefano Zacchiroli <zack@debian.org> wrote:
> Hi all,
>   I chatted a bit with Samuel and Julien on IRC about the status of
> dh_ocaml/md5sums. According to their opinions (which I consider
> authoritative on the subject, since they did most part of the work on
> the two tools recently) we wont have dh_ocaml/ocaml-md5sums ready for
> etch.
>
> Given that the freeze for unstable will be anytime soon I wont dare
> upload even 3.09.3 to unstable, no matter what the destiny of
> dh_ocaml/ocaml-md5sums is.
>
> Still, an increasing number of packages on the svn repo is starting to
> use the CDBS classes, which are only committed in ocaml/trunk/ which is
> currently shipping 3.09.3. It would then be nice to have 3.09.2 + cdbs
> in etch.  Therefore I created the branch
> ocaml/branches/etch-3.09.2+cdbs/ which basically contains the last
> 3.09.2 version uploaded to unstable + all changes made to trunk after
> that which are *not* related to 3.09.3 or dh_ocaml/ocaml-md5sums. The
> branch is committed to svn and the .deb packages (i386) generated from
> it are available at http://people.debian.org/~zack/etch-3.09.2+cdbs/.
>
> I urge you to test the .deb packages and review the branch on the repo.
> Please give feedback if you notice something wrong. My plan is to upload
> the .deb packages on unstable in the next days and to rework the
> debian/changelog in trunk so that it matches that of those .deb after
> the upload.
>
> Comments are welcome.
> Cheers.

I begin to use "copy of ocaml.mk" in some of my package. I have made one
correction to this copy, in ocamlinit/clean. It concerns mainly a
(subst /,\/,$(OCamlStdLibDir)). You can find this correction in the
camomile/debian/rules in the svn repository.

Regards,
Sylvain Le Gall