Re: tarball free builds

On Thu, 2006-10-05 at 06:55 +0200, Sven Luther wrote:

> Debian official source format is pristine upstream tarball
> + .diff.gz + dsc description file (or tarball + dsc file).
>
> So, i don't think you can replace that tarball with an svn tree, and
> furthermore you should really strip all the non-release information from said
> tarball (including the .svn stuff and so on).

Why is that 'non-release' information? It is actually a supreme
pain removing precisely what I WANT people to get: a way to
upgrade their development tree.

> But it is a bit unclear of what you intent to do.

Simple: reduce the work of making a release to a
single svn command to tag the repository.

Reduce the maintenance of the release by refusing
to make any changes to it. If it doesn't work,
just get the next one (of course we will fix bugs ..
in the svn trunk).