Re: CDBS class for OCaml related packages

On Fri, Sep 15, 2006 at 04:59:24PM +0300, George Danchev wrote:
> ftpmasters are utterly unhappy with DEB_AUTO_UPDATE_DEBIAN_CONTROL quirks ;-)
> http://ftp-master.debian.org/REJECT-FAQ.html
<snip>
> See the comments after CDBS: " You have a cdbs package and for whatever reason
> turned on the play with my debian/control in a bad way option. See #311724
> for a long text on that matter."...

Please, ... we all know that, it has been discussed as lengthy as
possible. No need to start again.

The conclusion is that it is absolutely forbidden to *automatically*
generate debian/control during build. No one has a problem with
generating debian/control before the package is uploaded to the archive.

As a matter of fact the ocaml package already do that.

We are just talking about integrating the hand made way used in the
ocaml package with the CDBS way of doing that, for people interested in
using CDBS.

Nothing else.