Re: adding X-Vcs-Svn source field to ocaml related packages

On Tuesday 05 September 2006 17:49, Eric Cooper wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 08:55:59AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:

> > On Tue, Sep 05, 2006 at 08:25:11AM +0200, Sylvain Le Gall wrote:

> > > By the way, is there also a custom field for upstream homepage/upstream

> > > download page/upstream bugs ?

> > Not to my knowledge. The last discussion I saw on that topic on

> > debian-devel suggested to put it in the long description of the package

> > as a singe line, e.g.:

> > zack@aquarium:~$ apt-cache show gpscorrelate | grep -A1 -B1 Homepage

> > .

> > Homepage: http://freefoote.dview.net/linux_gpscorr.html

> > .

> This is recommended in section 6.2.4 of the Developer's Reference.

> Note that the formatting should have *two* spaces at the beginning of

> the "Homepage" line.

This is of course true, but since DevRef is not a normative document you can do it both ways as you find fit [1]. I personally do not use Homepage at all (since the copyright file already has that information and it is linked from the package page, and I hate to maintain useless redundancy for no good reasons), but if I do will go for the one-space variatn since that looks much more consistent than with the funky <pre>'s.

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2006/08/msg00444.html

fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB