Re: adding X-Vcs-Svn source field to ocaml related packages

On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 12:53:41PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
>   recently I started adding to my debian/control the field X-Vcs-Svn,
> which value is the URL of the subversion repository containing the
> working version of the package.
> [...]
> The rationale is to let the users know where the latest development
> version of packages are, quite useful for following development, knowing
> where to look for bugs tagged +pending, ...

I don't see anything wrong with this, but couldn't we achieve the same
goal by standardizing on a debian/README.svn or equivalent file
containing the repository info?  You wouldn't be able to see it with
apt-cache, but I think anyone wanting this level of information would
be likely to download the source package anyway.