Re: adding X-Vcs-Svn source field to ocaml related packages

On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 05:02:43PM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 02:54:16PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> > So, we could add the ocaml abi number in XS-Ocaml-ABI or something such ?
>
> Yes ... but why?

No idea, how is this field used, and by whom ? And why did the Python guys
add a python version in this field. I suppose it is for something python
versioning/abi-name related, which is similar to what we do.

The question of interest is to know what the dpkg/apt/whatever tools do about
this.