Re: [Fwd: [Caml-list] 3.09.3 release candidate 1]

On Wed, Aug 30, 2006 at 17:21:23 -0700, Steve Langasek wrote:

> Have discussed this a bit with Sven on IRC already.  The two main
> considerations are: 1) please wait for the python 2.4 transition to complete
> first, 2) please try to check whether this new upstream version includes any
> regressions in the set of architectures supported for native compiling.  The
> latter has happened before in the past, and it would be unpleasant to have
> to deal with such a transition at this point in the release cycle.

Hi,

I just read the diff between cvs tags ocaml3092 and ocaml3093rc1, and
there seems to be one bugfix for native compiling on amd64, and another
on i386 which only affects MacOS X. The other changes aren't
architecture-specific.
However, most problems we had with architecture support in ocaml were
due to the toolchain becoming more strict, and not to changes in the
ocaml source code itself. These bugs can be uncovered by a simple
rebuild with a current toolchain. I guess an upload of the new release
to experimental on as many architectures as possible would help making
sure it won't happen this time (since the toolchain is now frozen).

Cheers,
Julien