Re: Hijack camlidl, camlimages, Orphan mldonkey

Hello,

On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 09:44:57AM +0200, Stefano Zacchiroli wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 20, 2006 at 01:40:57AM +0200, Sylvain Le Gall wrote:
> > Do you agree ?
>
> No objections.
>
> > In the same spirit, i will announce that i want to orphan mldonkey to
> > wnpp, but if an ocaml maintainer is willing to adopt it, it would be
> > better...
>
> I'm a bit scared by that package. What about filing a request for
> adopter using the usual debian channgel? As d-o-m we will be more than
> happy to train even non ocaml-ers to maintain the package. I feel the
> interest in mldonkey is broader than d-o-m ...

There is a BIG part of mldonkey which is written in OCaml. I think it
is not a good package to begin with ocaml (too much complicated things
that is hard to handle: C/ocaml stub, thousands lines of ocaml code,
C++/C/ocaml stub...).

I really would like to have some one which understand the ocaml to
maintain this package.

Since Samuel propose him to adopt it, i think i will go this way.
However if he feel that more help is needed, he perfectly can ask a non
ocaml-maintainer to join him.

Kind regard
Sylvain Le Gall

ps: just to say it: jeroen try to help me but the step to enter into
this package was too hard for a non ocaml maintainer, that the reason
why i prefer ocaml maintainer...