Re: build-depending on a virtual package

On Sunday 07 May 2006 09:42, Sven Luther wrote:
--cut--

> You do know about :
>
> $ cat /usr/lib/ocaml/3.09.1/native-archs
> alpha amd64 arm hurd-i386 i386 ia64 kfreebsd-i386 powerpc sparc
>
> and that this list should be used to generate the architecture field of the
> control field for native packages ?
>
> Ok, it seem to me, that given the spamroacle way, the problem is how the
> buildd see a package with only arch: all and arch <native archs> packages,
> and thus don't know what to do with it.

Seems variable substitution for Architecture: field is not suitable for our
case since the real values will be evaluated after starting the build which
is too late for build daemons to catch up and realize that this is not
intended to be built by them. Thus we have native arches hardcoded into the
field... btw I removed hppa from the ara architecture list, but added
hurd-i386 instead.

fingerprint 1AE7 7C66 0A26 5BFF DF22 5D55 1C57 0C89 0E4B D0AB