Re: approx upload needed

Hi,

Eric Cooper wrote:
> As part of the 3.09.2 transition, I'd appreciate it if a DD could
> please upload the latest approx from SVN, since I've closed a few
> outstanding bugs and feature requests.  Thanks.

I've built the package and tried to install it but:

(Reading database ... 63738 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace approx 2.06 (using approx_2.06_i386.deb) ...
Stopping proxy server for Debian archive files: approx.
Unpacking replacement approx ...
Setting up approx (2.06) ...
Starting proxy server for Debian archive files: approxFatal error:
exception Syslog.Syslog_error("unable to find the syslog socket or pipe,
is syslogd running?")
invoke-rc.d: initscript approx, action "start" failed.
dpkg: error processing approx (--install):
 subprocess post-installation script returned error exit status 2
 approx

This is in a chroot so there's no syslogd but I guess you should find a
way to avoid this postinst failure.

Cheers,

Samuel.