Re: advice on changing to a non-native package

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 09:26:24AM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
> Correct me if i am wrong, but isn't approx as debian-specific as a
> package can get ?

It's certainly specific to the .deb/apt-get/aptitude packaging
approach, but other distros use that, too.

> Do you have evidence that someone is using it on a
> non-debian system (well, debian or debian derivative) ?

No, it's just that the debian-devel discussion convinced me that this
might be a "cleaner" approach.  I think it's not enough of an issue to
justify the trouble, though.

> And if all they need to do is ignore or remove the debian dir, then things
> should be just fine, no ?

Yes, I guess I'll leave it alone, as you and Stefano suggest.

Cheers,
Eric